Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room (OR)
Come work as a Registered Nurse in the Operating Room with Health Staffing!
Work Sites: Multiple
Status: Casual Part Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $44 - $61 per hour
Hours: 0700-1500/0700-1900/2300-0700Apply Now
- Provide direct patient care in accordance with the standards established by the Operating Room Nurses Association of Canada (ORNAC) and collaborate with other members of the interprofessional healthcare team to provide family-centered care in the particular setting.
- Maintain patient records by performing activities such as collecting and documenting information including health care information regarding patients and their families, nursing observations, telephone communications, interventions, teaching and care evaluations to ensure that patient records are current and complete.
- Participate in the orientation and continuing education of all new learners on the interprofessional care team, in accordance with ORNAC standards, by role modeling, precepting, and mentoring, under the direction of the unit educators.
- Participate as a member of the healthcare team through contributing participating in rounds, committees and professional practice groups.
- Provide input regarding policies, procedures and operational requirements which address patient and family needs and promote effective use of resources, while maintaining ORNAC standards.
- Completion of a post-graduate program in Operating Room Nursing or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current CPR - Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) level 1 certification.
- Current PALS certification.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to relate effectively with patient and their families.
- Ability to participate as a member of an interdisciplinary care team.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Health Staffing must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.