Registered Nurse (RN) - Critical Care / ICU
Come work as a Registered Nurse in Critical Care / ICU with Health Staffing!
Work Sites: Multiple
Status: Casual Part Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $44 - $61 per hour
Hours: 0700-1500/0700-1900/2300-0700Apply Now
- Provide nursing care to high risk critically ill clients with unpredictable outcomes attached to life-support equipment, and/or clients in post-anaesthetic recovery, both by working independently and as a member of a interdisciplinary team.
- Enhance the quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care givers.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance your clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
- Completion of a recognized advanced program in emergency care nursing or two (2) years’ recent, related experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centered model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM's standards for nursing practice.
- Thorough knowledge of the indications, actions, reactions, routes, dosages, and side effects of anaesthetic and other drugs used in critical care environment.
- Thorough knowledge of nursing problems commonly encountered in a critical care environment.
- Thorough knowledge of the physiological and behavioural aspects of complex critical illnesses.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice to assess and manage critical and life-threatening situations.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care in relation to client/family priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to respond immediately and appropriately to sudden emergencies.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, and other health care staff.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in writing accurately, concisely, and clearly.
- Demonstrated ability to teach clients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Skill in techniques appropriate to a critical care environment.
- Skill in the use of critical care monitoring and support equipment.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Health Staffing must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.Apply Now